Saturday, April 4, 2015

Blog 3 : "Thirteen Reasons Why"

I finally finished the book "Thirteen Reasons Why"! From the last time that I blogged I said that Clay still hasn't heard his part in the tapes, but now he has! Clay's part wasn't like he expected it to be. He said in the book that he thought that his part was going to be bad. But what Hannah said, surprised him a little bit. When Clay was hearing the recording, Hannah was talking about a party that both of them attended. The only reason that Clay went was because he knew that Hannah was going, and the only reason that Hannah was going was because she knew that Clay might've also been going. So, they both went to see each other! She did end up saying that she liked Clay! In the book she said "So there you were, letting me connect with you. And when I couldn't do that anymore, when I pulled the conversation to lighter topics, you made me laugh. And you were hilarious. Clay. You were exactly what I needed. So I kissed you." She always knew that she had feelings for him, but never wanted to tell him because she thought that he wouldn't be paying attention to girls like her. When she was done telling Clay's part she still said the stories about the other people. The next day from when Clay mailed the tapes to the next person, which is Jenny Kurtz, he felt different. He said that from hearing those tapes it changed his life, and is seeing it in a different perspective. He also said, "Then I mailed the package to Jenny Kurtz, changing the way she'll see life, how she'll see the world forever." I think that this is him saying that he knows that by people hearing the tapes it'll change their lives.

I thought that this book was amazing! I don't know how to explain it, but it was really good. When Hannah was talking in the tapes, the author Jay Asher put a lot of details into the words she was saying. When she wanted the listeners that got the tapes to go to the places that she wanted them to visit she gave great details about the place and how the people were there. When she was talking about a scene that had happened, she would talk about everything to make the person hearing to be kinda like 'living in the moment' with her. She would talk about how the place was were she was at, her surroundings and the people around her, and if she overheard conversations she would say what she heard. She would also be totally honest about everything. I really like books when they give great details like this because then I could also be kinda living what they're living and also if they describe what they feel, I could also kinda feel how they might feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment